Hugin and panotools
List of projects accepted into Hugin and panotools
Hugin and related tools are the most advanced open source solution to manipulate images beyond the limits of a single camera shot. stitch, stack, blend images, correct their geometric and photometric distortions and produce stunning perspectives.
The following are flexible but are factors that we will consider when evaluating applications:
- Previous Open Source Software involvement will be a bonus, but we are also understand that summer of code is a useful introduction to Open Source development methods for students willing to learn.
- Ability to program. We don't have any entry level positions and will expect students to have the necessary programming proficiency.
- Ability to manage time. Last minute applications are not evidence of good planning.
- Previous Hugin/panotools/photography involvement (not necessarily programming). We hope to gain contributors from this process and a previous interest is an indication of ongoing interest.
- Our need for the proposed code. Some of the projects on the proposals page are more needed than others, if this isn't clear ask.
- Ability to communicate. We use the ptx mailing list, the panotools wiki and sourceforge bug trackers, you need to be comfortable with public communication.