Integrate node.js as well as DrupalChat module functionality to Chatroom module.
Short description: This project will focus on integrating node.js and DrupalChat modules functionality to Chatroom module. This project is planned for Drupal 7.
Additional info: http://groups.drupal.org/node/137754
Who: I am Shashwat Srivastava from India. I am a final year student studying in Delhi Technological University. I have already contributed to the Drupal community. My Drupal username is darklrd.
Contact details -
IRC - darklrd
Email id - firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do you want to do a project involving Drupal?
I want to do a project in Drupal because I simply love it. It is the best CMS and highly flexible. And with the launch of Drupal 7, I am eager to work on it.
Description:This project will further enhance the Chatroom module and add the following features to it.
- Add support for different transport backends to chatroom module.
- Integrate current chatroom functionality with node.js.
- Integrate Drupalchat module functionality into chatroom module.
- May 23 - May 28 - Get familar with Drupal 7 API and Git practices etc.
- May 28 - June 4 - Add support for multiple backends to chatroom module.
- June 5 - June 11 - Implement node.js hooks.
- June 12 - July 18 - Handle authentication of Chatroom module users via node.js and create a valid session.
- June 19 - July 11 - Integrate remaining chatroom functionality via node.js as backend such as creating and maintaining different channels.
- July 11 - Midterm submission
- July 15 - August 15 - Integrate Drupalchat module functionality into chatroom module.
- August 15 - 22 - Final report submission.
Puzzle: $a could be 0 i.e. $a = 0;
Links: I have created a discussion thread for this here - http://groups.drupal.org/node/137754