gtranslator: port gucharmap plugin to gtk3/libpeas
completed by: kennym
mentors: Ignacio Casal
- With the current port to gtk+ 3 and all the new libraries, some of the plugins are still without port, so it is a good idea to get them finally ported to get a new release of gtranslator
- To accomplish this task it will be needed to build gtranslator and all the required libs using jhbuild. You can find information about how to do this here. It is an advantage if you have already used jhbuild before.
- The plugin is written in C, so some knowledge of this language will be needed but not too much as it is just a matter of modifying the plugin and not writing anything really new. Also other plugins already ported can be taken as example.
- To download the gtranslator code it is a matter of: git clone git://git.gnome.org/gtranslator
- You can take also as example the gucharmap plugin of gedit: http://git.gnome.org/browse/gedit-plugins/tree/plugins/charmap
- For quick feedback you can find me (icq) in the #gtranslator channel of the GimpNet IRC