Romanian GUI Translation for Kitten and KLettres
completed by: Laurentiu Andrei
mentors: Victor Carbune
KLettres is an application specially designed to help the user to learn alphabet in a new language and then to learn to read simple syllables. The user can be a young child aged from two and a half or an adult that wants to learn the basics of a foreign language.
Kiten is a Japanese reference/study tool.
According to KDE Localization Stats, 120 (98%) of the strings of Kiten and 104 (98%) of the string of KLettres are untranslated .
Follow these basic steps in order to completely translate Kiten and KLettres in Romanian:
- Subscribe to the firstname.lastname@example.org and read the general information from http://www.ro.kde.org/
- Install Lokalize, following the instructions from here
- Download the file kiten.po and klettres.po
- Configure Lokalize before you start translating:
- Settings -> Configure Lokalize (your name, your email, default language (ro), mailing list email@example.com)
- When you open the .po file, please go to Project -> Configure Project (id: name of the file, target language: ro, ml: firstname.lastname@example.org) and at the personal tab please select Role: Translator.
- Open the file and translate it.
- Please leave all your work with the status as "Needs Review", including the already existing strings marked with "Needs review" you correct.
- "Your email" and "Your name" string should not be translated. They should contain name and email :-).
Send by e-mail (email@example.com) the saved translated files.