Code: Modify the LimeSurvey user interface to make use of jQuery tabs
completed by: Kshitij
mentors: andrie, Carsten Schmitz
1. Problem Description
Traditionally, LimeSurvey made use of HTML to control tabbed behaviour. We are slowly migrating the interface to make of jQuery tabs. Your task is to modify certain three input masks to use jQuery tabs.
You can use the code in the "Translate Survey" functionality (translate.php) as an example.
You can pick any three of the following screens:
- Edit label sets
- Edit survey settings
- Edit survey text elements
- Set assessment rules
- Edit question group
- Edit question
2. Task Steps
- Install the dev branch of LimeSurvey
- Identify the lines of code that need to be modified in the php code
- Code the usability change and create a patch
- Discuss the patch with your mentor
- Check-in your changes into the limesurvey svn trunk.
Time Frame: 72 hours
Mentor: andrie, c_schmitz