Support opening more file types that gpsbabel knows
completed by: Daniel Lanzi
mentors: Torsten Rahn, René Küttner, Andrei Dorian Duma, Utku Aydın, Dennis Nienhüser
Marble is a virtual globe and world atlas — your Swiss army knife for maps. Find your way and explore the world!
The Gpsbabel plugin of Marble opens .nmea files with the help of gpsbabel. Extend it to support more file formats
- Have a look at http://www.gpsbabel.org/capabilities.html
- Try to find out which of these formats are widely used (this is not easy, but important)
- Implement support for them in the gpsbabel plugin
- Test each of them with at least one file in the respective format
I'd expect support for 5-10 new formats (file extensions).
- The easiest way to reach Marble developers to help you is to visit the #marble IRC channel in freenode. Watch out for Earthwings