Marble: Create a new blog entry about the new Sun and Moon rendering
completed by: Illya Kovalevskyy
mentors: Torsten Rahn, Dennis Nienhüser, René Küttner
- Ensure your blog is aggregated on planetkde.org, planet.osgeo.org, planet.qt-project.org
- Start to write a blog about the newly introduced rendering of the Moon
- Describe what is special about rendering the moon and it's phases (different phases, crescent moon, full moon, new moon, etc.). Describe how this relates to the position. Describe how the orientation of the moon changes over time. Describe how this feature is not only important to explain how moon phases work but also to illustrate solar and lunar eclipses.
- Describe how Marble uses Gerhard Holtkamp's astrolib which is part of the Marble framework. Describe which steps it took to accomplish rendering the Moon.
- Provide screenshots of the different lunar phases, comparing them to starcharts on the internet or KStars screenshots.
- Provide a screenshot that shows the sun and the moon during a solar eclipse with the Marble eclipse plugin turned on (and Sattelite mapthem + shading + clouds)