Playback of SoundCue elements in KML Tours
completed by: Mikhail Ivchenko
mentors: Torsten Rahn, Dennis Nienhüser
Marble is a virtual globe and world atlas — your Swiss army knife for maps. Find your way and explore the world!
Please note: You can only work on this task when the tour playback task is completed.
We are working on integrating support for KML Tours into Marble. The user interface will be a panel (like Routing, Map View, ...) where a tour can be loaded from a .kml file, edited, played and also recorded to a movie file. This task is about implementing support for playback of SoundCue tour primitives.
- Read https://developers.google.com/kml/documentation/touring#tourtimelines and make sure you understand how the playback is supposed to work
- Playback of sound files should be done using Phonon. See src/plugins/render/routing/ for an example how it can be integrated
- Use Phonon to playback SoundCue elements during tour playback. Keep in mind that more than one SoundCue can be played at the same time
- Note that KML Tours can specify remote URLs as SoundCue playback sources. Phonon should take care of that by itself. If not, implement support for playback of local files only.
- The easiest way to reach Marble developers to help you is to visit the #marble IRC channel in freenode. Watch out for Earthwings