Create and register an API file for a community from Georgia to the FOSSASIA Community Network
completed by: Techtronix
mentors: Andreas Bräu
Add a local project, community or any other Open Source community in Georgia or any other location in Asia to the FOSSASIA network map on http://fossasia.github.io/#map by filling in and adding our sample file to the github repository. Please also add info about the website, blog, twitter, Google+ and Facebook.
The FOSSASIA.net project makes it easy to find communities and projects on a map with links to the websites, social media channels, and automatically updated info from community blogs.
Step by Step
1. Go to http://fossasia.net/api/generator/index.html and fill in the information about your community in the form and press "OK - generate...". The more information you enter, the better.
2. Your results are displayed on the top right hand side (scroll up after you finished 1). If information is missing or fields are incorrectly filled, you will see it marked under the text box. Fill in or correct the information and generate the API file again.
3. Press the download button and save the file on your PC.
4. Now upload it to the github: You need to make a pull request to https://github.com/fossasia/fossasia-communities.
Alternatively you can upload it to your own web space, to your blog, CMS or to your own github service. It is important that the file can be accessed publicly on the Internet.
5. Please copy the link to your web hosted “raw file” on github - the URL.
6. Add the link (URL) of your “raw file” to the FOSSASIA API directory here: github.com/fossasia/directory.api.fossasia.net/blob/master/directory.json.
7. Tweet about your upload the following tweet:
I added a new community from "add name of country or city here" to the
#FOSSASIA network @fossasia @hpdang Check out http://fossasia.net
FOSSASIA.net Blog Post http://blog.fossasia.org/join-fossasia-community-network
Github Repository: https://github.com/fossasia/fossasia-communities
Github Api Directory Files: https://github.com/fossasia/directory.api.fossasia.net