Help Three Students to register for GCI and complete one task
completed by: Rishikesh
mentors: Praveen Patil
Help Three Students to register for GCI and Complete the task Titled "My First Step in the FOSS World with FOSSASIA and GCI"
Learning Objective of the Task
- To teach students basic blogging skills for communicating with the world, with the use of Free and Open Source Software.
- Awareness about Free Open Source Software.
Details of the Task Step by Step:
Related Links are given below.
- Help THREE students to register for Google Code-In and complete at-least one task.
- Help them to claim task titled :"My First Step in the FOSS World with FOSSASIA and GCI" or a similar beginner task.
- Guide them to complete all the steps mentioned in the task.
- Write a blog post about this on your own blog and upload a picture of yourself with the students you helped.Write their details and ask them to mention about you in their blog.
- Share your experience.
Share your Learning Experience
During the process of working on this task and/or when you finish it,
- Please tweet about it mentioning @fossasia and using the hashtag #FOSSASIA
- Also don't forget to follow FOSSASIA on http://twitter.com/fossasia
- Also please provide links and info about the task on a blog or website, if possible.
- Please post your work/link to your blog on the FOSSASIA Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/<wbr/>fossasia
Some useful links
- About FOSSASIA : https://www.google-melange.com/gci/org/google/gci2014/fossasia
- About FOSS : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_and_open-source_software
- Edublogs : http://edublogs.org/
- Connecting to Class Blog: http://help.edublogs.org/join-class/
- Inserting photo/image to Edublogs : http://help.edublogs.org/inserting-images-into-your-posts/
- Adding Links to Edublogs: http://help.edublogs.org/how-to-insert-links-in-your-post/