Improve our GCI website at fossasia.github.io and add your photo and credentials
completed by: Deepak Upendra
mentors: Mario Behling
We have put up a basic site on fossasia.github.io. We want to develop a nice bootstrap website with pictures of all mentors and students of Google Code-In. Please add you picture to the site.
Step by Step
1. Please sign up for github, tell your mentor your username and join the FOSSASIA GCI students team: https://github.com/orgs/fossasia/teams/fossasia-gci-students
2. Fork the Website repository https://github.com/fossasia/fossasia.github.io and make it run on your own repository with Github pages (more info here http://pages.github.com)
3. Add your picture in the image folder (Use the right dimension with a ratio 1:1).
4. Include your picture and credentials (blog link, github user name, twitter, facebook - what you like) on the website index.html as an overlay.
5. Make at least one more improvement to the site design using Bootstrap,
* e.g. add an overlay bar similar to http://fossasia.org
* add a section that automatically collects the twitter feed of twitter.com/fossasia or
* make a slider of the images on the header using FOSSASIA photos from Flickr or other places on the net with sufficient resolution.
* propose your own idea for improvements
6. Make a pull request to merge your changes to the original github repository of http://fossasia.github.io
7. Announce your work on your blog (if you have one), the FOSSASIA facebook page http://www.facebook.com/fossasia and tweet about it @fossasia and use the hashtag #FOSSASIA.
Source Files of FOSSASIA Logos and more here: http://tinyurl.com/fossasia-graphics
How to use github pages: https://pages.github.com
FOSSASIA GCI Website: https://fossasia.github.io
FOSSASIA Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fossasia
FOSSASIA Github https://github.com/fossasia/fossasia.github.io
FOSSASIA GCI Students https://github.com/orgs/fossasia/teams/fossasia-gci-students