Design a Black-Colored Tshirt with an interesting design, but print in one color only for the FOSSASIA community or event
completed by: nikhil ojha
mentors: Mario Behling
Design a Black-Colored Tshirt with an interesting design, but print in one color only for the FOSSASIA community or event (e.g. for Singapore from March 13-15).
Use Open Source graphics applications and provide your source files in Open Source formats like XCF of SVG. Consider using different Asian languages or cultural influences on your design.
There some inspiring tutorials online for example for Gimp and Inkscape, but also many other.
For Gimp have a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToHF7OhkjTM&list=PLwDz0u1wwdEkHebipATcbGsv27uWJlJP7
For Inkscape see tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=t-shirt+design+with+inkscape
Sources for FOSSASIA designs are here: http://tinyurl.com/fossasia-graphics
- Please create all elements of the design within the Open Source application you use and show them as layers in the source file (e.g. Inkscape, Gimp, Krita)
- Why not try a tag cloud similar to the photo below with some words in your language?
- Please avoid including random images from the Internet
- Please use the FOSSASIA font Spaceman.TTF or our vector graphics for your design [Folder here]
- Show the designs on a Tshirt outline
Tshirt sample of FOSSASIA 2014
Expectations and Limits
- Simply adding the FOSSASIA logo and some other logos or images to a T-shirt outline is not sufficient
Files and Resolution
- Provide your designs as source files, e.g. a SVG file with vector graphic components or as XCF
- Export the file as a png for previews
- Please ensure a good resolution for print e.g. above 300dpi
- Inkscape (https://inkscape.org)
- Gimp (http://www.gimp.org)
- Krita (http://krita.org)
More Free Graphics Software, have a look on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Free_graphics_software
More info on Vector Graphics here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics
A folder with sample graphics is available here: http://tinyurl.com/fossasia-graphics
Participants of FOSSASIA 2014 wearing shirts of the event with local Khmer and English script