Fix all font recipes in old format, so they can work with HaikuPorter
completed by: cdesai
mentors: Scott McCreary, Kacper Kasper, humdinger, Richard Nyhus-Smith
Haikuporter is our tool to fetch, patch and build source code and create Haiku packages that can then be put into a repository to be installed by the user via HaikuDepot.
For this task, you have to modify a haikuporter recipe, which is a kind of script that automates this process. Depending on the targeted software you may need these skills:
- Some knowledge of git and bash
Before submitting your work, make sure to test your recipe by creating a hpkg package from it with haikuporter. Haiku's Expander app can open hpkg files to inspect their contents.
Take care to include all required licenses and copyright entries.
For this task you need to have
- Haiku installed; get a nightly image and see the Haiku Guides for more information on using Haiku. There's also a Userguide and Welcome page on your Desktop when you boot Haiku.
- Haikuporter installed and the haikuports bitbucket cloned, see the "Getting started" wiki page.
- Studied the haikuporter wiki.
- Submit your work as pull request to haikuports bitbucket (see DevelopmentModel in the wiki).
While there is a slight learning curve to writing recipes, other GCI recipe tasks will become easier and easier the more you complete successfully.
In addition to the wiki, studying working recipes in the haikuports tree can be a big help. Besides requesting assistance by leaving a comment in this task, a trip to the main IRC channel #haiku may prove to be quicker (consider possible timezone differences with your mentors).
Some of our font recipes are in older BEP format. You can recognize them by STATUS_HAIKU or DEPENDS entries.
The target of this task is to go through all font recipes on Haikuports and fix them, so they can work with current version of HaikuPorter, and check if they comply with our Guidelines.