Marble: Add more features to the game application you created
completed by: Daniel Pastushchak
mentors: Dennis Nienhüser, Abhinav Gangwar, Torsten Rahn, shentey
1. Allow searching locations on map.
- Add a QLineEdit widget which will accept a query to search places on map. See https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/Runners/Search .
- Then center the map on the first search result.
2. In the last task http://www.google-melange.com/gci/task/view/google/gci2014/5780203779391488 , the fill color of UKraine was changed by modifying the colorMap values in political.dgml . But that also changes the color of other countries which have same color index as that of UKraine. So, this task is about highlighting only a particular country without affecting fill colors of other countries.
- GeoDataDocument from data file boundaryplacemarks.cache contains point placemarks. These placemarks show the names of countries on map. You need to get placemark for the country you want to highlight.
- GeoDataDocument from data file ne_50m_admin_0_countries.pn2 contains placemarks which show the boundaries for countries. Get the geometry ( which is a polygon ) of the placemark. Find whether the point ( from the point placemark you selected in first step ) lies in the placemark's geometry. If yes, then it's the correct placemark, showing the country you want to highlight.
- To highlight the country you need to change the styling of the placemark you got in second step. Change the styleUrl of the placemark so that it is highlighted.