Web Page: http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_Of_Code_2010
Mailing List: https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-devel
FFmpeg is the premiere open source multimedia backend library. Most open source -- and closed source -- multimedia programs depend of FFmpeg to interpret hundreds of common and exotic multimedia formats and to decode or transcode the files.
- Accurate Seeking API Interface that allows accurate seeking behavior for both audio and video. The interface will be implemented for a select number of formats deemed important. These include MKV, AVI, MP4, MP3, OGG, FLAC, and potentially others. Implementation of avformat_build_index, av_seek_file, avformat_index_status, and av_export_index.
- G.723.1 Decoder/Encoder G.723.1 is a speech codec yet to be supported in FFmpeg. This proposal aims to complete the decoder and implement an encoder for it.
- Improve RTSP/RTP layer Primary goal: improve receiver compatibility -X-Qt/quicktime depayloader -SVQ3 and QDM2 depacketizers -support Quicktime http tunnel mode -support RTCP/Bye as end-of-file Secondary goal: improve application integration -Provide an API to expose the RTCP layer (and the equivalent in RDT dialect) -Support subtitle streams -Make VideoLanClient, MPlayer, Xine use FFmpeg RTSP Tertiary goal: improve other protocols -RTMPE support for FFmpeg's native RTMP implementation
- Libavfilter audio framework and filters Libavfilter is the ffmpeg framework for video post processing filters and replaces the earlier vhooks framework. This project involves extending the libavfilter framework for audio post processing with minimal changes to the current video interfaces and adding volume, resampling and format conversion audio filters.
- Libavfilter audio work Writing a resampling/format conversion filter (starting with just a wrapping code at libavcodec/resample.c) * Can it be made clear that ideally we'd want N-channel resampling? Rob Very high compatible module to PCM decoder (MOD/S3M/XM/IT/FC13/FC14 at least).
- MMS protocol Implementation Microsoft Media Server (MMS) is the name of Microsoft's proprietary network streaming protocol used to transfer unicast data in Windows Media Services. MMS protocol is used widely in Internet. However, FFmpeg doesn’t support MMS protocol by now. I’ll add MMS protocol supported feature for FFmpeg in this summer in order to make FFmpeg more perfect.
- Writing an AMR-WB audio decoder The project is about writing a decoder for the AMR-WB audio format, used in modern mobile telephony. It provides excellent sound quality through reasonably small bitrates. If possible, the specifications should be improved, mostly in terms of performance and quality to bitrate ratio.