Mailing List: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mifos-developer
[IMAGE http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/3596/mifoslogo.gif]Mifos is an initiative of Grameen Foundation's Technology Center to build an open source technology platform for the microfinance industry. At its core is a world class management information system developed and distributed by a global community of technology professionals and microfinance practitioners. Mifos provides the cost-effective access to flexible & scalable technology that will help transform technology from a barrier into an accelerator for microfinance.
- Increase Mifos Modularity By Refactoring Business Objects Out Of Mifos UI Layer In the coming days, Mifos code base is going to evolve in many ways - increasing modularity and layering, new UI design etc. Overall the goal is to improve Mifos scalability and usability. To pave the way to address the scalability concerns, the first important thing is to do the basic refactoring of Business objects out of Mifos UI layer.
- MifosNG Mifos is a neat Spring/Hibernate stack based application. In the last year alone there have been loads of development in Spring framework (with 3.0 and introduction of Spring ROO as an amalgamation of best practices approach to rapid application development). This is a proposal to Mifos community for a project which can explore Spring ROO based proof of concept for next generation Mifos.
- Prototype a new Mifos front end using Groovy, Grails and a CSS Framework prototype a completely new implementation of the Mifos user interface (UI). The goal is that the UI should look the same as the current user interface, but use Groovy, Grails, GSP pages and HTML based on CSS and the Blueprint CSS framework.
- Prototype a new Mifos front end using Groovy, Grails and a CSS Framework The idea of this project is to prototype a completely new implementation of the Mifos user interface (UI). The goal is that the UI should look the same as the current user interface, but use Groovy, Grails, GSP pages and HTML based on CSS and the Blueprint CSS framework.
- To expand and enhance the acceptance test suite of Mifos. Mifos is committed to ensuring high software quality even through rapid development iterations. Automated acceptance tests contribute to this goal by making sure there are no regressions as changes are made to the code base by driving the web user interface and validating the effects. This project seeks to further this goal by extending the coverage of the tests and making improvements to the testing infrastructure.